Sattva’s Online Archery Carnival – 2020, begins Wednesday, March 25. We want you to participate and its free!
Create fun, meaningful and challenging ways for archer athletes of all ages to practice their archery form while connecting online with the broader archery community. We believe Archery Carnival will help nurture happier, healthier, stronger archer athletes.
FORMAT & HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
Coach Kyle posts one new challenge each day at 8:00AM on Facebook and Instagram. To participate in the Carnival that day:
- Take a picture or a video of yourself doing the day’s challenge and post it to Instagram or add it to your Instagram Story.
- Please hashtag your photos or videos with #archerycarnival2020 and tag us @sattva_archery.
- Follow #archerycarnival2020 to see what other people are posting!
- Come back the next day and do it again.
- Winners! We announce 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place honarable mentions each day for the previous day’s challenge.
- You can be from other archery clubs in MA or beyond and still participate.
WHAT ARE THE CHALLENGES?
Each day brings a new challenge! Each day’s challenge is kept secret until 8:00AM that morning – then announced right here on Facebook and Instagram. Some challenges will be mental in nature, others physical. Some will combine physical and mental. Challenges will have scaled adaptations as well to accommodate for all ages and abilities. Some challenges may involve having a bow, however there will always be scaled options available for people who do not currently have any equipment at home. Some challenges may involve a stretch band; again, there will be scaled options for those without stretch bands. Some challenges will challenge you to know the shot cycle or be able to explain different parts of the shot cycle.
Carnival begins Wednesday, March 25. You will know when Archery Carnival ends because Coach Kyle will post a video of himself wearing a plaid shirt and a cowboy hat while lighting a candle; There will be a bit of a closing ceremony (that may or may not involve a flaming arrow). The closing ceremony will signal the end of Archery Carnival 2020 and the beginning of Sattva opening its doors again. You do not have to participate everyday. Come and go to Carnival as you please.
Can you win? Yes! You can win the daily challenges. Winners are announced daily for the previous day’s challenges. We will communicate the criteria we are looking for as each challenge is announced.
Thanks to Coach Charles from Ithaca Archery for inspiring this idea.