We are re-starting classes!
This summer, classes are held at Look Memorial Park in Florence, MA.
Classes begin as soon as our targets arrive: we think the last week of July but please watch your email and Facebook page for an announcement.
JOAD/AAAP classes are held Wednesdays and Fridays from 4:00-5:30pm and 5:30-7:00pm, Saturdays 9:00-10:30am and 10:30-noon, and NEW Tuesdays and Thursdays 5:00-7:00pm.
- JOAD/AAAP archers register for the year.
- New archers must attend a 5-class General Archery Class before registering for JOAD/AAAP or demonstrate readiness prior to enrollment.
- Become a member of USA Archery.
Monthy Auto-Draw ($115/month)
- Perfect for most JOAD/AAAP archers.
- Includes one class per week.
- Archers can make up that class at anytime by attending class twice in one week.
- Includes unlimited Range Access during hours at Look Park.
- Includes Keyless Range Access to the Sattva Indoor Range.
- Includes one Annual Pass to Look Park per family.
10-class pass card ($305/card)
- Ideal for archers with very irregular schedules.
- Includes 5 range access day passes per 10-class card.
- Does not include Keyless Range Access.
- Does not include Look Park Annual Pass.
- All pass cards purchased before our COVID-19 pause will be honored.
JOAD/AAAP are fun and challenging ways to become part of the Sattva community while building your skills as an archer athlete.
The Junior Olympic Archery Development Program (JOAD) and the Adult Archery Achievement Program (AAAP) are programs of USA Archery, offered at Sattva Center for Archery Training. JOAD is for ages 8 – 20; AAAP is for ages 21 and older. Coaching provided through JOAD/AAAP guides intermediate and advanced athletes towards enjoying the sport recreationally or progressing towards the excitement of competition.
You may be familiar with the practice of martial arts students earning different color belts to symbolize a level of achievement. Similarly, in JOAD/AAAP, participants are given opportunities to demonstrate how their skills have progressed under tournament like conditions in an event called a “Pin Shoot”. Archers compare their scores achieved during a Pin Shoot with a national scoring matrix and, if a certain score is achieved to earn the next level, a new Pin is earned. Pins are collected on lanyards and become symbols of dedication, persistence, skill and achievement.
Whether you or your child’s interest is purely recreational or an Olympic, Paralympic or World Championship dream, USA Archery’s JOAD/AAAP programs are tailored to help you achieve your goals.
Sattva’s JOAD/AAAP program runs year-round, indoors and out, in 10-week intervals.
Pin Shoot Schedule
JOAD/AAAP Pin Shoots take place on the last meeting of every month.