Welcome to Day FOUR of the Online Archery Carnival!
Read the May 24 post for information on the Carnival and how to participate. Each Carnival Challenge will be communicated in the following format. You can choose to submit a video or a photo via Instagram or Facebook to demonstrate your participation and help other participants feel the momentum of the event. Instructions on how to do that and what # to use are also found on the March 24 blog post. If on Instagram, use #archerycarnival2020 so that we know you have posted; if on Facebook, use @sattvaarchery and make sure it activates.
Description of Challenge & Performance
- Use painters tape or a Sharpie marker to fashion a Tic Tac Toe board on a piece of cardboard or the back of a target face.
- Make the grid traditional 9 grid TicTac Toe board or make the square smaller – completely up to you!
- Now, here is the part that will filter out today’s winner, fill the squares with whatever you want to make sure you have on hand during a quarantine situation. In other words, write in the squares (or place actual objects that you can deal with having arrows stick in) items/character qualities, that you want on hand during quarantine. “Toilet Paper”, “Bleach”, “MarshMellows”, etc. Have fun with this. The more laughs your QuaranTicTacToe board gets from me…the better chance you have of winning.
- Now, play QuaranTicTacToe with a friend or family member THAT YOU ARE QUARANTINED with, play alone, or figure out how to play virtually with someone else. Play by calling the square you want to hit and then calling it out before you shoot your arrow at the square. If you hit it, you own that square. If you miss the square you called, then your shot counts for nothing…next person’s turn.
- What items are essential for a quarantine
- What items are essential for a quarantine that will make Coach Kyle laugh
- Markers or painter’s tape
- The back side of a target face or cardboard
- Target pins
Criteria for Assessment & Feedback
- Did the activity make you laugh?
- If so, how hard? Did you cry? Did you get cramps in your face?
- If you need to scale this, just tone down your laughing.
Video or Photo Submission Criteria for this Challenge
- Photo: Get photos of you performing the Challenge – include a photo of the grid with the labels on the grid!
- Post to Instagram and use #archerycarnival2020. or to Facebook and tag @SattvaArchery ….or just e-mail or text Coach Kyle photos/videos.